Being a professional caterer in a resort area definitely is a dream job! Who would not want to plan parties whether a dinner party or a wedding where the guests are perpetually happy to be there and always ready to have fun!
Even before I moved to Playa del Carmen, I enjoyed tequila for years. Now that I do live here I can honestly say I make a pretty mean margarita and so I wanted to share my tried and true recipe with you all!
– fill a martini shaker with ice
– 1 1/2 ounces of tequila for every margarita *I use the best I can buy! No Cuervo for me!!!
– 1/2 ounce triple sec or Cointreau or for an out of this world margarita use Grand Marnier
– 1/2 ounce Jarabe (simple syrup) or to taste
– 1 1/2 ounces fresh squeezed lime juice
Shake and serve on ice in a glass with the rim salted. An excellent variation to salt on rim is mixing chili powder with salt for a nice kick!
Enjoy! They taste so good you’ll be tempted to blame me for the morning after….
Share your favorite margarita recipe with us!
Susan de Lima is the Operations Chairperson for Taste of Playa 2010. She owns and operates a local catering and concierge business Latido de Mexico, www.latidodemexico.com.